*

*

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Overwhelmed!!!


I have been feeling a little overwhelmed this week by the tasks that I have taken on.  Two major quilts, Phebe and Swan Lake, Browne Sisters Sampler quilt, and of course I have my beautiful Klosjes and my other fill-in project, Yo Yo's.  A plan for some time management was needed and last night I spent the evening cutting out hexagons and spools.  This morning was devoted to Phebe.



Phebe is proving to be quite a challenge for me to get started BUT now I think I have had a major breakthrough.  I finally got the centre urn looking how I wanted it to.  I have had this piece of Yuwa fabric for quite a while, saving it for something special, and I think you will agree, it is perfect.  The photo does not do it justice.



I have made a start on the 2nd instalment of the Browne Sisters Sampler and I am enjoying the applique.   The Autumn weather is beautiful here at the moment, top of 30 C but cool in the morning and evening.  I think I might spend some time this afternoon outside sewing hexagons and now that I am a little bit more organised, I feel an overwhelming sense of PEACE (that is until I can't decide on the next "perfect piece" of applique fabric or run out of hexagons to stitch!).


This is Michelle's Positive/Negative 9 Patch.  Doesn't it look wonderful!  We have basically used the same fabrics and Michelle's looks totally different to mine with the lighter, fresher background fabric.  Michelle has made her quilt to fit her huge dining room table.  It looks fantastic Michelle!!!

Sue-Anne xxx

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I definitely agree that the urn fabric is perfect - great choice.

I'm feeling your pain about being overwhelmed - I'm sure we've all been there once or twice (which is no consolation, but take heart that you're not alone in this). So glad you've been able to catch your breath and gather your thoughts.

It's so nice to have a variety of projects to work on depending on your mood or the level of concentration required at the time. Being just a little pre-prepared can be an absolute sanity saver (for me, anyway).

That pink (large inner piece) in your Browne Sisters sampler is the same as the lining for my notebook cover, I think. Good choice!!!

Regards, Sue

Mayleen said...

Beautiful fabric and beautiful work Sue-Anne! Looking forward to seeing them done.

Why is we know better but we tend to overload ourselves with too many projects anyway? I have too many in my life right now and I'm afraid I won't be able to do them justice. To cope, I'm trying to break them down into manageable pieces so I won't panic.

Margaret said...

I breathed in when you mentioned cutting out hexagons, ahhh! the memories. Your applique is lovely, and the weather although erratic is easy to take.

Béa said...

Beautiful work & fabric choice. We have all too many projects, but ...!
Hugs from springy France, at last !

Shirley said...

That urn Sue-Anne is absolutely beautiful and so you. I just love to see what you do. I love your colours. You would be shocked at how many projects I have on the go/hidden away. I reckon i have the attention span of a gnat. Saying that, every stitch you do brings that quilt ever nearer. AND, does it matter if it isn't finished instantly? Don't put pressure on yourself. Do what you enjoy.
Love Shirleyx
ps, love your friends quilt top, it looks great on the table.

Nat Palaskas said...

Your applique block is gorgeous Sue-Anne. I'm sure what you took on is all enjoyable and achievable - Hugs Nat

Anita said...

Sue-Anne, We all know about that overwhelming feeling and I get myself there many a time. What I do to help the 'pain' is to separate each day into just that day, don't look at the whole picture. It seems to work for me and I can slowly but surely get my projects done. Your work is gorgeous, it's all worth it. Kind regards, Anita.

Brandie said...

The applique is beautiful. And you have a gorgeous urn. That fabric is perfect.

Wendy said...

You have some beautiful projects on the go. I feel for you, this week I felt like everything is out of control. I have too many things started and don't know which to work on first.

Karen said...

I often feel overwhelmed with projects that I would like to work on. I put my family first then if time allows I get some piece time in! I think you chose the perfect fabrics for your applique! It's beautiful! The positive negative 9 patch looks wonderful! What size are the blocks? :0)

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Keep up the good work...yor're doing a fine job....your quilts are beautiful!
Jane.

Karen said...

The photo of the vase with the stems coming out of it reminds me of Octopus legs! I know there is more to come but I had to chuckle when I saw it.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Beautiful!!!!
I love your friends quilt too. That is awesome.

Valentina said...

My dear Sue-Anne: I have been staring at your urn in complete awe, not finding the words to say. It is beautiful, and if you feeling overwhelmed produces such beauty... :)
Oh my, what a start to Phebe! I can't wait for this quilt to blossom... :)
Speaking of 'blossoms' the second block is beautiful! And what another lovely nine-patch...
but your urn!
...sigh...
xox
V,

julieQ said...

Such gorgeous applique, it like a fresh breeze blowing by. Love your color and fabric choices. I know what you mean about the overwhelmed feeling lately, I know it will all fall into place for you.